This page contains various reports and documents related
COLLIDE-2 documents for flight on MACH-1 (STS-108):
- COLLIDE-2 Ground Safety Data Package (posted June 11, 2001):
- COLLIDE-2 Flight Safety Data Package (posted May 29, 2001):
- COLLIDE-2 Integration Procedure (COLLIDE-2-PROC-1; posted June 4,
- COLLIDE-2 Functional Test Procedure (COLLIDE-2-PROC-2; posted June 4,
- COLLIDE-2 Materials List (posted March 14, 2001):
- COLLIDE-2 Structural Drawing Package (posted March 14, 2001):
- COLLIDE-2 Structural Verification Document (in two parts: Excel
Calculations posted March 16, 2001, introductory pages posted August 15,
- Results from first flight of COLLIDE were published
in Icarus, Volume 138, pp. 241-248, 1999.
- Final G-772 SDP, with Figures (September 2, 1998)
- Materials List update (November 25, 1997)
- Energy Containment Analysis (November 19, 1997)
- COLLIDE Materials List (September 19, 1997)
- COLLIDE Payload Accomodations Requirements Document:
- Spring and IBS parameters:
The initial proposal to NASA for COLLIDE can be found here.
In addition to laying out the scientific justification for the project, it
presents an early conception of the experiment. The design of the experiment
has evolved significantly since the proposal was written.
Initial COLLIDE Proposal
back to COLLIDE Home Page