Are you interested in writing Python code to support NASA space science missions?
We have an opening for a software engineer at the Laboratory of Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP), part of the University of Colorado, Boulder. The successful applicant will implement and support software to process space instrument data. Your software will directly impact several crucial science missions.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
* Develop software in Python using test-driven development methods, as part of an agile team.
* Help maintain and support a software system for processing and analysis of scientific and engineering data from NASA Earth, solar, and planetary missions.
* Work collaboratively with team.
* Bachelors degree or higher in a physical science, computer science, electrical/computer engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience.
* Python programming experience, knowledge of relational databases.
LASP combines all aspects of space exploration through our expertise in science, engineering, mission operations, and scientific data analysis. As part of CU, LASP also works to educate and train the next generation of space scientists, engineers and mission operators by integrating undergraduate and graduate students into working teams.
Due to ITAR restrictions, only US Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents:
1 – Curriculum Vitae
2 – Proof of Highest Degree Earned
3 – List of Professional References, from whom an official written letter of recommendation will be requested by the hiring unit at the appropriate time during the search.
4 – Cover Letter
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial, and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at email@example.com.
The University of Colorado Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment.
To apply, please click here: http://www.jobsatcu.com/postings/85197