CU’s Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics is hiring students for its Space Flight Operations Team. LASP currently operates three NASA missions and new projects are in development!
Students participate in all phases of a space mission (mission development, integration and test, launch, early orbit, routine operations, anomaly recovery, and end of life).
- Full-time UCB student with 3.0+ cumulative GPA in good academic standing. All majors welcome to apply.
- At least 4 undergrad semesters remaining to commit to working at LASP
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability to commit to full time summer employment and 20 hours per week during the school year (this is not a summer internship)
- US Citizen or Resident Alien required
These are paid positions. Candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week May 13th – August 9th 2019 for training. Upon successful completion of summer training students continue working 20 hours per week through the school year including occasional nights & weekends.
How to apply:
Email a one-page resume, a cover letter, and a copy of your unofficial academic record to both:
Indicate in the email subject that you’re applying for the “SFOT position.”
Include your email address, citizenship status, and the names of three professional references (teachers, supervisors, etc.) that we can contact by email and phone. Incomplete applications will not be considered.