The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics ﴾LASP﴿ has an opening in Engineering to fill the position of Assistant to Configuration Management and Parts and Materials Procurement. The successful candidate will work with the engineering and production teams to design and build instruments for use on NASA flight programs.
For Configuration Management ﴾CM﴿, the employee will work with design engineers in the creation of documents, parts, bills of materials ﴾BOMs﴿ and Engineering Change Orders ﴾ECOs﴿ in the PLM system ensuring that LASP’s CM processes are followed. Additional responsibilities include generating production data packages, data entry, and assisting in the day to day management of the PLM system.
For Procurement, the employee will work with design engineers and parts engineers to procure the parts and materials required for supporting all aspects around the building of instruments ensuring that LASP’s and CU’s PSC procurement processes are followed. Additional responsibilities include data entry into various systems, filing, vendor management and receiving inspection support/follow up.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel ﴾intermediate level﴿ and Word.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to work constructively in a team environment
- Experience in a work environment that is focused on the details; in addition, the successful individual isable find acceptable solutions to problems with conflicting goals.
- Experience in Purchasing or Configuration Management a plus.
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
- Process ECOs and other change orders to facilitate engineering and production processes.
- Create production documentation packages and archive resulting data.
- Interact with engineering and production staff to facilitate assembly.
- Process LAPII ﴾LASP’s internal procurement system﴿.
- Put orders into CU Marketplace.
- Expedite deliveries.
- Assist other LASP employees with CM and Procurement processes and systems.
Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 – Curriculum Vitae or Resume 2 – Cover Letter.
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Colorado at Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment.
To apply, please click here: https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=10748