The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics ﴾LASP﴿ is a full‐cycle space institute, combining all aspects of space exploration through our expertise in science, engineering, mission operation, data analysis, and education. LASP works heavily with NASA and other governmental agencies, commercial partners, other research laboratories, and institutions of higher learning. Under the supervision of the LASP Contracts and Compliance Manager, this position will assist in the administration of LASP sponsored research agreements ﴾both contracts and grants﴿ and other research agreements. These tasks include, but are not limited to: administrative and organizational functions related to various contract actions, including nondisclosure agreements, contract/subcontract awards, grant awards/subawards and modifications, proposal submissions and associated certification/commitment forms, as well assisting in contract-required reporting.
- Assists and supports the Contracts and Compliance Manager on all contract/program related items as directed.
- Work with Program Managers and Business Analysts to assist with matters related to proposing, managing, and processing contracts and grants.
- Communicate with Contracts personnel from various organizations.
- Communicate and correspond with various departments within LASP and the University as well as all customers, including Federal Agencies ﴾sponsored projects and commercial endeavors﴿.
- Prepares monthly project reports as directed by the Contract Compliance Manager.
- File and organize all contract related documents as necessary.
- Attend program meetings as requested.
- Track contract-related actions and maintain contract log.
- Work involves services including collecting, processing, and disseminating information and providing advice to others. Work activities may be complex and likely affect the accuracy, reliability, or acceptability of further processes or services to the extent that others rely on the advice given in order to make decisions.
- Coordinate and maintain proposal reviews and approvals before submittal, using internal tracking procedure policy.
- Assist in the proposal preparation, packaging, routing and submission.
- Draft and file correspondence and other documents related to proposal development.
- Process new contracts/subcontracts/grants/subawards for review and approval through various departments, as well as any associated modifications to existing awards.
- Process requests/requirements related to travel, property purchases and disposition, as well as other similar authorizations, in order to ensure compliance with existing terms and conditions.
- Create, organize, and maintain contract/grant files of related documents, certifications, and exhibits.
- Send intra‐university notifications as necessary of new contracts and send notifications of changes to existing contracts.
- Assist with correspondence follow‐up and submission of contract reports and misc. documents as required.
- Assist in gathering and processing NDA requests for review, track execution process, and maintain database of fully-executed agreements.
- Assist in processing of commercial End User Agreements, Subcontract Agreements and Service Agreements.
- Create/Maintain commercial user agreement database.
- Assist in tracking and preparation of government property reports.
- Minimum three (3) years administration experience in a corporate/professional organization.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments and achieve or exceed program deadlines in a fast paced environment while maintaining the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- The ability to recognize unusual non‐routine situations and circumstances, assess and analyze issues and impacts, and provide alternative solutions.
- Exceptional organizational skills including document control and document storage understanding for all contractual matters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to collaborate with varying levels of authority, reliability and enjoy working in a challenging and diverse work environment.
- Able to work in a proactive manner, address issues, and solve problems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and SharePoint as well as ability to learn and use new software systems.
- 4 year degree in Business Administration
- 2 years of experience performing professional services or contract administration work
- Knowledge of aerospace industry, engineering procedures, contract interpretation and ability to understand technical issues.
- Experience in academia fundamental research universities/institutes
Due to U.S. Export Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting Human Resources at email@example.com.
The University of Colorado at Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment.
To apply, please click here: https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/?jobId=15925