System Engineer for proposal developments.
- Lead the systems engineering effort for designated proposals, from kick-off to proposal submission.
- Architect the technical implementation that meets stakeholder needs, within cost, schedule, and technical constraints.
- Take ownership of the technical aspects of assigned solicitation responses and ensure successful completion on time.
- Support development of science, cost, heritage, sections needing technical input.
- Facilitate capture teams by coordinating technical team efforts that result in a concept implementation that closes.
- Support Capture Review(s) and Color Team Reviews for assigned proposal by representing the technical implementation.
- Discover the needs of the customer by asking the right questions, articulating solutions, and suggesting the right solution.
- Responsible for prioritizing efforts to meet dynamic workload and schedule shifts
- Work with little to no direction or guidance to identify, structure and articulate a winning approach
- Ensure proposal meets all requirements.
- Recommend proposal and project improvements.
- Develop and maintain technical budgets and supporting products for proposal efforts.
- Able to transition to a flight development program after a year in this position.
Required Qualifications Education and Years of Experience:
- B.A./B.S. Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of aerospace industry experience with two or more years of proposal experience.
• A dynamic, hands-on leader capable of instilling passion to win, excellence, adherence to deadlines, accountability, and success.
• Experience architecting mission or system concepts that meet stakeholder functional and performance needs.
• Experience developing responses to solicitations in a similar organization servicing Federal Government announcements of opportunity.
• Experience developing compliance matrices, outlines, storyboards, page allocation, themes, discriminators, etc.
• Works independently to identify, structure, and articulate a winning approach for solicitation responses.
• Experience assessing technical, financial, schedule, or other associated risks with solicitations.
• Has working knowledge of NASA standards and specifications.
• Experience interviewing customers to ensure understanding of requirements and development of effective solutions.
• Demonstrated effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with emphasis on articulating and writing effectively and efficiently.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience developing presentations for project leadership.
• Proven ability to work under pressure, delivering high quality work consistently against tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of federal government contracting acquisition and proposal processes, and experience with large proposal efforts.
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
• Experience as lead or deputy systems engineer on mission or system.
• Able to transition into Lead System Engineer for flight development program after a year in this position.
Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 – Curriculum Vitae or Resume 2 – Cover Letter.
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Colorado at Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment.
To apply, please click here: https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/LASP-System-Engineer/12803