This individual will join a team of software engineers to support and develop data centers that process and distribute science data from NASA space science missions. Duties will include maintenance and improvement of existing systems and development for new data center functionality for both current and future space missions. You will work closely with engineers, scientists and other project participants.
– Implement software for processing, data management, dissemination, and/or visualization of scientific and engineering data for space science missions
– Apply software engineering best practices in the development process
– Support scientists in installing and using software tools and with presentation of data sets
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in a physical science, computer science, or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
– Experience in the design and development of algorithms and software for management, processing, analysis, and visualization of scientific data sets
– Strong interest and aptitude in software engineering best practices and associated tools
– At least 5 years’ experience programming in Python, and the willingness and ability to learn new languages as necessary.
*Due to Export Control Restrictions only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
– Experience building systems in the Cloud (AWS, Google, Azure)
– Experience processing and analyzing data from space-based scientific instruments is highly desirable, but not required.
– Experience programming in Java, IDL, or Matlab
– Experience using software engineering tools, such as Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, and other Atlassian tools such as Jira and Fisheye/Crucible.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK HERE: https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/?jobId=12918&emailCampaignId=168