The primary role of the Engineering Procurement Expeditor is to process and facilitate a wide variety of procurements for electrical and mechanical components, plating, PWBs, lab supplies and equipment required for the manufacturing of instruments at the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics, LASP. The position supports a space flight engineering environment and interfaces with a number of different internal and external customers. This position operates within the Engineering department within LASP and supports all programs within the department.
• Works within multiple software systems, both at the department and University level, to perform job functions.
• Prepares purchase orders and requests by entering information, gathering quotes, obtaining appropriate approvals, and communicating with necessary contacts ﴾vendors, end users, etc﴿. Will forward, monitor, verify, expedite, and close procurements as required.
• May need to communicate and work with various University and outside entities during certain stages of the procurement process. This can include, but not be limited to, Purchasing Services Center (PSC), Office of Contracts and Grants (OCG), Sponsored Projects Approvals (SPA), vendors, etc.
• Works and communicates with both new and experienced requestors on required information necessary for procurement requests. Gathers necessary information and prepares materials for competitive solicitations or for requests that require a sole source justification.
• Utilizes various University of Colorado and State of Colorado pricing agreements for goods and services and knows when they are applicable.
• Processes small dollar procurements and works directly with PSC on large dollar procurements.
• Resolves shipments and invoices in error with suppliers as required.
• Assists with documenting and updating procurement policies and procedures as needed.
• Adheres to applicable Federal, State, and University policies and regulations.
• A BS level degree with a minimum of three years of baseline purchasing experience is preferred. Additional years of experience can meet the requirement for a BS degree.
• Familiarity with purchasing and production software systems.
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel.
• Experience with fundamental purchasing procedures such as sole sourcing, solicitations of goods and services, pricing agreements, etc.
• High level of self‐direction with high attention to detail. The ability to manage various tasks and duties throughout each day is necessary.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills. Ability to interface with various internal and external customers for various needs in the area in a courteous, helpful, and professional manner.
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
• Basic knowledge and experience with Federal and State purchasing policies and practices.
• Previous experience in an aerospace environment. Applicable experience in a highly controlled and high quality environment may suffice for the aerospace experience.
• Basic shipping and receiving and parts room/inventory experience.
• Some experience with international shipping.
Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 – Curriculum Vitae or Resume 2 – Cover Letter.
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Colorado at Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment.
To apply, please click here: https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/?jobId=14425