The Program Planner/Scheduler is responsible for the coordination, preparation, monitoring and maintenance of Microsoft Project Master Schedule from which various levels of schedules are derived, such as Master, Level 1 to Level 3+ schedules. The preparation and maintenance of the master schedule is done in close conjunction with the various Functional Leads and subcontractors as required.
Specifics of the job include:
• Maintain the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) in the master schedule and ensure alignment with detailed tasks.
• Develop, maintain and update Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) using Microsoft Project software.
• Coordinate, integrate and review schedule input from management, engineering, production, subcontractors and suppliers to develop an integrated master schedule
• Monitor and update the Schedule with actual hours expended and estimates to complete (ETC) durations
• Prepare schedules, graphs and progress analysis for monthly reports and proposal submissions.
• Prepare full month end narrative reports including logic change analysis for monthly customer reports and present progress at internal/external program reviews when required.
• Prepare narrative reports and graphics for proposal submission in accordance with requirements from various AOs, including NASA, NSF and NOAA.
• Work with the program/proposal teams to develop schedule solutions for mitigating schedule risk and achieving program goals, proposal requirements and objectives.
• Highlight problem areas during schedule updates to the Project Manager in order to minimize schedule impacts and devise workarounds, if possible.
• Develop and provide PMO and project team with KPIs.
• Provide specialized scheduling services such as What-If-Analysis reports as needed.
• Perform schedule analysis on critical path, schedule reserve and variances, while maintaining change control
• Upload Project Schedules to configuration management system.
• 3 or more years of project planning and scheduling experience related to engineering, technical development activities, research and development, construction projects or closely related field.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical relevant field of study is preferred.
• Experience in Integrated Master Scheduling (IMS) and Integrated Master Plans (IMP)
• Ability to work with limited supervision to develop and maintain program schedules
• Interpersonal skills sufficient to positively influence staff and client are required.
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to work and communicate well with others in a team environment
• Skilled at taking in large quantities of information and presenting it in a clear and concise manner and in accordance to proposal guidelines
• Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
• Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention to detail.
Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 – Curriculum Vitae or Resume 2 – Cover Letter.
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at email@example.com.
The University of Colorado at Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment.
To apply, please click here: https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/?jobId=14674