The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of Colorado is seeking an Aerospace Research Polymerics Technician. In this role, you will handle Polymerics assembly of flight and non-flight space hardware and assemblies.
- Work from process plans, drawings, photographs and verbal instructions to perform polymeric operations such as mixing, bonding, potting, conformal coating, encapsulation, cleaning, rework, and visual tests/inspections.
- Interface with the other assembly technicians, instrument makers, production manager, controlled stores technician and the engineers to insure production requirements are completed in a timely manner with high quality.
- Will also help in other production areas as needed such as Metrology and Electrical Assembly
- NASA, or equivalent, polymeric/staking and conformal coating certification
- Experience working in an ESD controlled environment.
- Must be able to read and understand written process plans
- Bachelors/Technical degree in related field. Trade of experience for degree may be accepted.
- Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 – Curriculum Vitae or Resume 2 – Cover Letter.
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Colorado at Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment.
To apply, please click here: https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/?jobId=15344