The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of Colorado is seeking an Electrical Assembler. In this role, you will handle Electrical Assembly of PWBA and/or Harnesses.
- Responsible for producing high quality electrical flight products ﴾PCBA, cables and harnesses, test fixtures etc.﴿.
- High attention to detail and ability to maintain high standards of work quality.
- Detailed understanding of proper soldering techniques for work on PWBA assemblies.
- Ability to work on custom cabling and wire harnesses.
- Ability to work from detailed schematics, wire lists, bill of materials, engineering drawings and documentation etc.
- Ability to perform delicate rework and repair on fine pitch electronics.
- Five years or more of hand electrical assembly experience.
- Skilled in assembly of electrical assemblies including hand‐built PCBA and harnesses.
- Experience with harnesses with multiple style connectors for application in vacuum & space‐flight environments.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and be skilled with delicate parts assembly.
- Excellent communication/listening skills as directions will be provided through a combination of both verbal & written fabrication and assembly instructions.
- Detailed understanding of proper soldering techniques.
- Maintain high standards of work quality.
- Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
What We Would Like You to Have
- Previous or current certification to NASA STD’s 8739.4 for cable harnessing and crimping.
- Previous or current certification to J-STD-001 or 8739.3 for PWBA assembly work.
- Experience with Lead Forming of dual and quad pack parts.
Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 – Curriculum Vitae or Resume 2 – Cover Letter.
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Colorado at Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment.
To apply, please click here: https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/?jobId=15342