The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at CU is looking for a highly motivated individual to join a team that develops and supports data systems to process and distribute scientific data from NASA space science missions. Projects include development of data analysis tools, implementation of scientific processing algorithms, maintenance and improvement of existing systems, and development of new data system functionality. If you are an individual who is dedicated, loves learning, and wants to work in a team-oriented environment with engineers, scientists, and students, we would love for you to apply.
Who We are
Apply software engineering best practices in the development process.
Support scientists in analyzing and producing data products.
- Bachelors degree or higher in a physical science, computer science, or related field.
- At least 2 years experience programming in Python, and the willingness and ability to learn new languages as necessary.
- Experience in the design and development of algorithms and software for data management, processing, and/or analysis of scientific data sets.
- Strong interest in software engineering best practices and associated tools.
What We Would Life You to Have
- Experience processing and analyzing data from space-based scientific instruments is desirable, but not required.
- Experience using software engineering tools, such as Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, and other Atlassian tools such as Jira and Fisheye/Crucible.
- Background in physics and mathematics.
- Strong interest in scientific data analysis.
- Two or more years of working experience in a similar position is desirable but not required.
- Experience with IDL, MatLab or Java is desirable but not required.
- Cover Letter