The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of Colorado is seeking an Electrical Assembler. In this role, you will handle Electrical Assembly of PWBA and/or Harnesses.
- Responsible for producing high-quality electrical flight products (PCBA, cables and harnesses, test fixtures etc.).
- High attention to detail and ability to maintain high standards of work quality with minimum oversight.
- Detailed understanding of proper soldering techniques for work on PWBA assemblies.
- Ability to work on custom cabling and wire harnesses.
- Ability to work from detailed schematics, wire lists, bill of materials, engineering drawings and documentation etc.
Candidate must be a U.S. citizen in order to be considered.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least three or more years of hand electrical assembly experience.
- Skilled in assembly of electrical assemblies including hand‐built PCBA and harnesses.
- Experience with harnesses with multiple style connectors for application in vacuum & space‐flight environments.
What We’d Like You to Have
- Previous or current certification to NASA STD’s 8739.4 IPC-620 for cable harnessing and crimping.
- Previous or current certification to J-STD-001 or 8739.3 for PWBA assembly work.
- Experience with Lead Forming of dual and quad pack parts.
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Review of applications will begin on immediately and will continue until the position is filled.