The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) encourages applications for a Travel Specialist to join our team. This position will be responsible for providing travel processing expertise to support LASP personnel, including; an understanding of CU and LASP travel policies and processes, ensuring the allowability of travel expenses, cost-effectiveness, accounting accuracy, judicious processing, travel system analysis and process resolution, and the detailed review of expense reports for allowance and audibility.
Who We Are
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of Colorado Boulder (CU) began in 1948, a decade before NASA. We are the world’s only research institute to have sent instruments to all eight planets and Pluto. LASP develops, designs, and builds instruments and spacecraft for space‐based observations of the Sun, Earth, and planets. LASP has built instruments and participated in missions to every planet in the solar system. Our scientists, engineers, operators collaborate with colleagues and partners throughout the international space research community.
- Work closely with travelers to complete domestic and international travel reimbursement expense reports, ensuring compliance with sponsored research, grant, CU and state fiscal rules and regulations.
- Implement CU/LASP Travel & Expense policy and processes, report exceptions to managers for resolution.
- Serve as point of contact for travelers to communicate process and policy or answer questions as necessary.
- Consult with travelers to ensure all travel support documentation is uploaded into the Concur Expense System to meet the University and program requirements.
- Manage the weekly status of the expense report queue and follows up with the traveler and/or approver to ensure the movement of reports through all stages of expense system (submitted, approved, disbursement).
- Raise travel issues as appropriate to ensure travelers are reimbursed in a timely manner, including the resolution of travel aging issues.
- Identify and recommends opportunities for efficiencies and assists management with the revision of procedures, guidelines, and policies that govern the travel and expense program.
- Provide outstanding customer service to travelers in resolving various issues related to travel arrangements, system and expense reporting issues.
- Participate in travel delegate meetings as required.
- In concert with Travel Lead, lead all aspects of accuracy and usability of LASP SharePoint Travel site.
- At all stages, check the allowance of expenses against stated guidelines.
What You Should Know
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated starting salary is $ 38,760.00, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
What We Require
- Zero to two years’ experience with travel expense reimbursements or similar familiarity of A/P systems and processing of payables.
- Experience in Outlook, Excel, and Word.
What You Will Need
- Proven understanding of basic financial and accounting concepts.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills in analyzing travel expenditures.
- Well developed and professional skills in the areas of general accounting, customer service, and office administration.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast paced and dynamic team environment.
- Ability to deal efficiently with employees throughout LASP and the University.
- Ability to apply tact and diplomacy in a variety of situations.
What We Would Like You to Have
- Experience with COGNOS, Marketplace, Concur, Peoplesoft and other CU systems.
- Three to five years’ experience in a travel and expense management-related role.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply at: https://colorado.avature.net/jobs/JobDetail?jobId=23408
Please apply by Sunday, January 12 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.