The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) encourages applications for a Professional Research Assistant with Flight Dynamics System (FDS) experience to perform the Mission Design for one of several proposals that have been submitted.
Who We Are
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of Colorado Boulder (CU) began in 1948, a decade before NASA. We are the world’s only research institute to have sent instruments to all eight planets and Pluto.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
1. Lead the Mission Design for all phases of the project.
2. Collaborate with the Science and Spacecraft development teams to establish the mission requirements.
3. Work with the Launch Vehicle Team to define launch targets and trajectory requirements.
4. Develop the design reference missions, the reference trajectories and perform the verification analysis.
5. Flight operations.
What You Should Know
This position is contingent on a successful program win. Due to US Export Control restrictions, only US Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
What We Can Offer
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment.
Be Adaptable. Be Dynamic. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Master’s degree with three years experience or PhD in Aerospace Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline.
What You Will Need
- Strong background in radiometric tracking, optical navigation, maneuver design, flight path control, and trajectory optimization.
- Strong background in estimation and filtering techniques.
What We Would Like You to Have
- Five years of engineering experience.
- Phase B-D Mission Design experience.
- Interplanetary spacecraft flight operations experience.
- Python tool development experience.
- Experience with tools such as MONTE, Basilisk, GMAT, STK, ODTK, Copernicus.
Special Application Instructions
To apply, please submit the following materials:
2. Cover Letter
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Please apply at: https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/?jobId=23536
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer