LASP has a long history of involvement in space missions. Become a member of LASP and help support these awe-inspiring employees with Tier-1 help desk support calls to address end-point workstation issues. Address, analyze, and resolve end-user issues in a responsive and effective manner to minimize downtime. Help with computer hardware, software, audio/visual device and printing issues. Work with little supervision to complete tasks. Ability to accomplish independent project tasks as well as normal duties.
Who We Are
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of Colorado Boulder (CU) began in 1948, a decade before NASA. We are the world’s only academic research institute to have sent instruments to all eight planets and Pluto.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Configuration, support, and routine maintenance of desktop and laptop workstations.
- Deploy Windows, Mac, Linux, and Solaris software packages and operating systems.
- Coordinate system events (updates, outages, configuration changes, etc.) with end-users.
- Promptly build and ensure the accuracy of new accounts for users based on HR/SharePoint notices.
- Develop operational procedures and the use of information technologies.
- May assist in the direction of student employees.
- Diagnose and tackle front line support calls of growing complexity with each level, raise to Tier 2/3 as required to optimize responsive resolution.
- Provide direct support services to end-users with technical problems or issues involving system performance, configuration, restoration, applications, and software tools.
- Process prioritized incident and service tickets to ensure timely resolution or appropriate escalation that optimizes customer satisfaction and minimizes disruptions.
What You Should Know
Due to US Export Control restrictions, only US Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
All work performed is within a complex, multi-platform, multi-OS environment and may occasionally require extended hours and/or 7×24 availability to provide support.
What We Can Offer
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment.
Be Effective. Be Groundbreaking. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience in professional systems administration.
What You Will Need
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of desktop computer hardware.
- Ability to prioritize multiple and concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions while maintaining professionalism, accuracy, and efficiency in each task.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
What We Would Like You to Have
- Familiarity with Powershell, sh/bash/tcsh. Python, and/or Perl.
- LANDesk administration.
- Experience in administration of at least two of the following:
-Microsoft Windows 7/10
-Mac OS X
-Linux (Centos/Fedora/RedHat core)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking concepts.
- Familiarity with automated Software deployment methods.
Special Application Instructions
To apply, please submit the following materials:
2. Cover Letter
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration,
applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer