Below is the schedule of LASP Office of Communications & Outreach workshops for the upcoming year. We will be updating the site with additional workshops as they are planned, so check back often for the most current information.
For more information, or if you have any questions, contact Erin Wood: 303-735-0962 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014 – 2015 LASP Education Workshop Schedule:
Sunday, September 21, 2014
Join us for this special event! MAVEN, the next Mars mission, arrives at Mars on September 21st. This workshop will include a special appearance from Max Goes to Mars author, Jeffrey Bennet, dinner, and lectures by MAVEN scientists, followed by a NASA TV broadcast of the arrival.
For more information, visit: http://lasp.colorado.edu/home/maven/education-outreach/for-educators/red-planet/boulder-workshop/
June 22-26, 2015
Space Science Teachers Summit
Are you teaching astronomy for the first time, want to learn more about up-to-date solar system science, or need new astronomy lessons?
Join us for this week-long, NASA-funded program offered by LASP. Explore hands-on space science activities, receive classroom materials, meet other teachers, tour area labs, and have fun.
The 2015 Space Science Teachers Summit will offer an opportunity to learn about space science from scientists, with a focus on:
- Solar science
- Lunar science
- Planetary evolution
- NASA mission science
Registration information coming soon!
Galileo Educator’s Network Workshop
Space Science Teachers Summit:
- 2014—Solar science, planetary magnetic fields, planetary evolution, and the MAVEN mission
- 2013—Solar System and planetary formation, planetary climate, and the MAVEN mission
- 2012—The Sun-Earth connection, space weather, and planetary science
- 2011—Spectroscopy: Light and how we use it to explore space
- 2010—The physical properties of the solar system: planets, moons, rings and dust
- 2009—The Sun, Mars, and the search for life in extreme environments
- 2008—Comparative Planetology and how we know what we know about objects in our solar system
Media/Journalist Professional Development: