Below is the schedule of LASP Office of Communications & Outreach workshops for the upcoming year. We will be updating the site with additional workshops as they are planned, so check back often for the most current information.
For more information, or if you have any questions, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 – 2016 LASP Education Workshop Schedule:
June 21-24, 2016
MAVEN Elementary Teachers’ Summit
- Mars and the MAVEN mission
- Planetary comparisons (atmosphere, gravity, magnetism, geologic features)
- How the Sun effects planets
- How Mars has changed over time
- Basics of planetary distances, motion, scale
For more information, click here.
Space Science Teachers’ Summit (2009-2015) Visit program page
Galileo Educator’s Network Workshop
Space Science Teachers Summit:
- 2014—Solar science, planetary magnetic fields, planetary evolution, and the MAVEN mission
- 2013—Solar System and planetary formation, planetary climate, and the MAVEN mission
- 2012—The Sun-Earth connection, space weather, and planetary science
- 2011—Spectroscopy: Light and how we use it to explore space
- 2010—The physical properties of the solar system: planets, moons, rings and dust
- 2009—The Sun, Mars, and the search for life in extreme environments
- 2008—Comparative Planetology and how we know what we know about objects in our solar system
Media/Journalist Professional Development: