Having the facilities to develop and test spacecraft on-site is a key factor in LASP’s success. Our extensive test and calibration facilities allow our in-house engineers to work closely with scientists and with mission operations staff in “test-like-you-fly” scenarios. Our ongoing legacy of in-house knowledge, along with a focus on extensive testing before flight, has contributed greatly to LASP’s superior on-orbit performance record.
Our in-house facilities include:
- A fully equipped machine shop and metrology laboratory for mechanical fabrication
- A NASA-qualified electrical assembly and polymeric lab for electronics and cable fabrication
- Multiple calibration labs for instrument characterization from the ultraviolet to the infrared
- Several vacuum tanks for bake-out, thermal vacuum tests, and detector and instrument calibration
- Various quality assurance inspection and cleaning labs, including four class-10,000 clean rooms for final instrument assembly
Click on the image to view a PDF (573 KB) of LASP Engineering Facilities.