ASTR 3720 Planetary Atmospheres Spring 2013
Instructor: Fran Bagenal - email@example.com
THIS WEEK: Grades posted below. You can pick up your posters and graded reports and homeworks from the printer room 2 doors down from my office – Duane D113. All material discarded if not picked up before Memorial Day. HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!
Classes: Tues, Thurs 2-3.15pm in G131
Study Sessions: Mondays 3-5.30pm in Duane G2B47, Wednesdays 5.30-7pm in Duane E126 – the Mondays and Wednesdays before HW is due – see Calendars above.
EXAMS – There is NO FINAL EXAM!
- Thurs Feb 7 Review1 Exam 1 Solutions MT1- blank exam
- Tues Mar 12 Review2-UPDATED MT2-solutions MT2blank
- Tues Apr 16 Review3 MT3solutions
- Final Projects Poster presentations Apr 25. Paper due May 2nd.
CLASSES – note: 2 slides per page in .pdf files of class notes. Tell me if by making the files small they have become unreadable.
- Introduction +Notes
- Gas Laws +Notes
- Baratropic Law
- Light 1
- Light 2
- Equilibrium Temperature
- Exam 1
- Layer Model & Energy Budget
- Radiative Transfer
- Beer’s Law
- Climate - updated!
- Climate Evolution 1
- Evolution 2
- Climate Change 1
- Climate Change 2
- Io’s Atmosphere
- HW1 HW1answers
- HW2 HW2ans – updated
- HW3 HW3ans
- HW4 HW4.txt HW4ans
- HW5 HW5.txt change this second file to .xlsx to run as a excel file HW5ans
- HW6 Due April 30th
GRADES – you will find on your Exam 1 paper a number written above your name. This is a random number. You will find your grades corresponding to this number in the following file(s). Email if there’s an issue.
- Feb 17th (HW1, HW2, Exam 1) - GradesFeb17
- Feb 26th + HW3 - GradesFeb26
- Mar 19 – Grades3 Exam 2 + HW4 + Score to date =(Ave HW *0.25+ ave Exam *0.40)/0.65 w/drops lowest HW, Exam
- Apr 28 – Grades4 with Exam 3 (HW6, Projects to come)
- May 9 – Final Grades Grade Distribution Lowest HW dropped, Lowest Exam dropped. Exams = 40%, HW=25%, Project = 35%