LASP in organized into 3 divisions that act in a close relationship allowing LASP to contribute to the complete lifecycle of a program: innovative science concepts, design and manufacture of instruments or missions from concept through launch, and mission operations and data returns.
LASP is capable of supporting all key areas of aerospace research, engineering and development. The Sun-Climate Research Center benefits from LASP’s expertise in:
Systems Test and Evaluation
- LASP has extensive experience in non-manned space-flight systems including hardware, software and operations with over 50 years of unique and innovative instrument development.
Science and Engineering
- LASP is primarily a research and development organization.
- LASP actively conducts space experiments for planetary, solar, and atmospheric remote sensing. LASP has also flown experiments on the space shuttle and sounding rockets. In addition, LASP participates in airborne science experiments for atmospheric remote sensing.
- LASP engineers and scientists process and analyze a wide variety of data, even data from other institutions and organizations.
- LASP is experienced with space communications, ground computers, command and control, information operations and information technologies.
Simulation, Modeling and Operations Analysis
- LASP has extensive simulation modeling and operations analysis capabilities for many diverse scientific, engineering and data systems. This includes hardware design, software design, science algorithm development and real-time operations. LASP supports research and advanced technology developments, contributes to space science, and contributes to space exploration.