Future Launch Plans for SDO EVE Calibration Rocket Payload
The next launch of our rocket payload is planned for October 2013 from the
White Sands Missile Range (WSMR).
This flight's primary purpose is to provide the fourth underflight calibration for our
SDO EUV Variability Experiment (EVE)
satellite instrument. The SDO launch was on February 11, 2010, and the first underflight calibration
flight was on May 3, 2010 (NASA 36.258), second flight was on March 23, 2011, and third flight was
on June 23, 2012.
Date / Time
Date: October 2013 (TBD date)
Time: (TBD time)
This is near local noon to minimize the atmospheric absorption of the solar EUV radiation during
the rocket observations.
The launch facility is the NASA sounding rocket facility at the
White Sands Missile Range (WSMR)
in New Mexico.
NASA Sounding Rocket Operations Contract (NSROC)
supports this experiment along with their subcontractors at the
WSMR Naval Research Rocket Support Office and
Physical Science Laboratory (PSL/NMSU).
Latest Launch Status for October 2013 Launch (time is in MDT)
- March 2013: Team is preparing for 36.290 Design Review on March 20, 2013.
- Feb. 11, 2013: Requirement Definition Review for NASA 36.290 mission was held / completed.
Previous Launches from the White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico:
- NASA 21.101 (PI: Woods, LASP/CU) was on Nov. 10, 1988 at 19:00 UT
- NASA 36.054 (PI: Rottman, LASP/CU) was on June 20, 1989 at 19:00 UT
- NASA 36.098 (PI: Woods, LASP/CU) was on Oct. 27, 1992 at 18:30 UT
- NASA 36.107 (PI: Woods, HAO/NCAR) was on Oct. 4, 1993 at 17:45 UT
- NASA 36.124 (PI: Woods, HAO/NCAR) was on Nov. 3, 1994 at 18:45 UT
- NASA 36.135 (PI: Woods, LASP/CU) was on May 15, 1997 at 19:16 UT
- NASA 36.171 (PI: Hassler, SwRI) was on Nov. 2, 1998 at 18:20 UT
- NASA 36.192 (PI: Woods, LASP/CU) was on Feb. 8, 2002 at 18:41 UT
- NASA 36.205 (PI: Woods, LASP/CU) was on Aug. 12, 2003 at 18:23:30 UT
- NASA 36.217 (PI: Woods, LASP/CU) was on Oct. 15, 2004 at 17:28:34 UT
- NASA 36.233 (PI: Woods, LASP/CU) was on Oct. 28, 2006 at 17:58:00 UT
- NASA 36.240 (PI: Woods, LASP/CU) was on Apr. 14, 2008 at 16:58:00 UT
- NASA 36.258 (PI: Woods, LASP/CU) was on May 3, 2010 at 18:32:00 UT
- NASA 36.275 (PI: Woods, LASP/CU) was on Mar. 23, 2011 at 17:50:00 UT
- NASA 36.286 (PI: Woods, LASP/CU) was on June 23, 2012 at 19:30:01 UT
Return to Rocket Home Page
Go to LASP home page
- Revised - March 24, 2011