Fall 2015 Science Working Group / Team (SWG/SWT) Meeting=
2-6 November 2015, SwRI, Sa=
n Antonio TX: Logistics: Agenda (TBS), Registration; Updates; Hotels<=
br />The Fall SWT meeting will convene o=
n Tues. 3 Nov. 2015, and adjourn on Thurs. 5 Nov. An SWG meeting and instru=
ment team meetings will be scheduled during the same week and notifications=
will appear in the agenda when it is posted here.
Eclipse Season Science Working Group / Team (SWG/SWT) Face-to-Face Meeting<=
18-21 May 2015, LASP=
, CU Boulder: Logistics, <=
nda (V1), Registration; Updates; Hotels
ot; SWT meeting will convene on Tuesday, May 19 at 8:30 am and adjourn =
;on Thursday, May 21 at 5:00 pm.<=
ence Working Team Telecons
Agenda: Telecon 2015-04-14
MMS News (=
For the latest on MMS, like us on Facebook and get the news in your feed!)
- New: 8 April: Published chapters of the MMS Book can be accessed =
using the "MMS Book" link at the right.
- New: 8 April: The Commissioning Plan Overview was moved to the Pa=
yload Status page, accessible at the right.
- New: 7 April: SDP 1-4 successfully deployed to 17 m on MMS1-4. =
- 1 April: EDI is the first instrument to complete a full HV checkout on =
all four s/c.
- Early MMS data examples are posted under "Discussions" at the=
left in the navigation column.
- The Fall 2015 MMS SWT Meeting has been set for 2-6 November at SwRI in =
San Antonio, TX.
- 23 Mar: LV activations underway on all four s/c.
- 17 Mar: Probe receivers, MAG boom=
s deployed, MMS captures first data including a substorm.
- 13 Mar: SWT presentations have bee=
n posted under "Discussions" on the navig=
ation column to the left.
- 13 Mar: MMS had a picture perfect launch, injection, and separation of the four spacecraft! =
- 7 Mar: A further revision of the SWT meeting agenda was posted. Changes=
are mainly on Wednesday, 11 Mar.
- 27 Feb: A major revision of the SWT meeting agenda has been necessary o=
wing to the need for time for launch pad tours. See link above.
- 25 Feb: Encapsulation was completed and the payload is on the transport=
er for delivery to the launch vehicle.
- A set of p=
hotos have been posted of the MMS stack and shroud being prepped for en=
- 18 Feb: SWT Agenda has been corrected/updated with minor changes, inclu=
ding the abbreviated version above.
- 17 Feb: Final stacking of the spacecraft has been completed. Next: pyro mating, bagging, move to encapsulation. L=
V testing underway.
- 17 Feb: NASA Guest Operations is expected to mai=
l invitations to the launch by 17 Feb. Additional information will be provided with the invites.
- Scientist In The Loop=
added to this page at upper right. =
- 20 Jan 2015: Future Plans: The first post-launch MMS SWT meeting will b=
e in Boulder at LASP on 18-21 May, during the "eclipse break" fro=
m commissioning of the spacecraft.
- MMS Book Chapters can be browsed with the following linked search: http://link.springer.com/search?que=
- 15 Jan 2015: Future Plans Made: The first post-launch MMS SWT meeting w=
ill be in Boulder at LASP on
15-19 June 18-21 May, during the "=
eclipse break" from commissioning of the spacecraft.
- If for any reason the launch slips, it will do so one day at a time, an=
d it is expected that the launch will occur not later than 16 March.
- 12 Jan 2015: ULA reported to LSP and MMS that the qualification test of=
the new Booster Main Vehicle Battery (BMVB) was completed. Initial indicat=
ions are the battery passed the test with the expected post-test VOC and a =
successful functional test after vibration. The battery capacity test and a=
DPA of the cells will be completed this week. This further increases confi=
dence that the battery issue will be resolved in time to maintain the 3/12/=
2015 launch date.
- 11 Jan 2015: The orbital debris waiver for the Centaur upper stage has =
been approved by NASA HQ.
- Oct 2014: Magnetic explosion probes make it to the Cape
- 20-21 Oct 2014 GSFC SWT Meeting presentations are posted.
- 29 Oct 2014: MMS Spacecraft #1 =
and 2 shipped to KSC on 28 Oct. 2014 and have now arrived.
- 22-24 Oct 2014: The MMS Pre-Shi=
p Review was held.
- 17 Oct 2014: The MMS Media Day =
and Social was held.
- The MMS Launch Readiness Date has been confirmed at 12 March 2015.
- 25-27 Mar 2014 U-Iowa SWT Meeting presentations are posted. Photo of Kletzing add =
to photo gallery page.
- The MMS-THEMIS Coordination Workin=
g Group Page contains important information.
- MMS Book chapter manuscripts are now due to be submitted both here for =
internal review, and at the Space Science Reviews site, as explained here
or the latest on MMS, like us on Facebook
0 Nov 2013: A current list=
of MMS publications has been created.
6-28 June 2013 Mission Operations Review GSFC
0 June 2013: First CPT completed successfully! Congrats to I&T Team!&nb=
span style=3D"background-color: transparent;line-height: 1.4285715;"> on Pr=
esident's Budget and impacts on STEM Education and Outreach. =
7-30 Aug 2012: Mission SIR at GSFC
1 Jan 2012: IS SIR at SwRI and on WEBEX for instrument team leads. [Present=
ations are here.|http://tinyurl.com/773njst
0 June 2011: Commissioning discussion at GSFC
-9 June 2011: Ground System PDR at GSFC
-2 June 2011: SRB Update Briefing at GSFC Visitor Center
8 May 2011: "Interactive Tools for D=
ata Transformation and Visualization" by J. Heer @ GSFC IS&T Colloq=
-6 May 2011: SOC Technical Interchange Meeting at LASP
May 2011: Pre-PDR Peer Review of SOC at LASP
ew MMS Project Web Site is up. Check it out and comment here...