xt Science Working Team / Group Meeting
10-12 March 2015, NASA KSC Area, Cocoa Beach Courtyard Marriott=
, KSC Logistics; Agenda=
, Hotel In=
Note: There wi=
ll be nearly a full day on 12 March for interdisciplinary science talks. Pl=
ease submit talk titles through your team lead.
SWG: 10 March 08:30 - 12:00
span style=3D"color: rgb(0,0,0);">SWT: 10 March 13:00 - 17:00 =
p; 11 March 08:30 - 18:00
; 12 March 08:30 - 16:00
12 March: 19:45 - 20:45: Board buses at KSC Visitor Center=
for Launch Reception/Viewing
Photo of Banana Creek Viewing a=
rea and area map Cocoa Beach to KSC Visitor Complex
In the background is the Apollo/Saturn V buildin=
g. SWRI and NAS=
A-GSFC will be hosting a reception in that building before the launch (rather than after as had been =
discussed previously) for all of the MMS=
(SwRI and GSFC) invitees. =
The reception will run from 8:30 PM until 10:30 PM and will include food and cash bar and <=
span style=3D"color: rgb(0,0,0);">access to the various interactive exhibit=
s and theaters of the museum alon=
g with the gift shop. Launch is scheduled at 10:44 pm. Our group will have reserved sections of the&nbs=
The map (click to expand) shows the route from=
Cocoa Beach to the KSC Visitor Complex, where buses will pick up invitees =
to travel to the reception at the Apollo/Saturn V building (near top center=
). The nearby viewing site is the closest one to Pad 41 (top right), from w=
hich MMS will be launched.
MMS News (For the latest on=
MMS, like us on F=
acebook and get the news in your feed!)
- New: 27 Feb: A major revision of the SWT meeting agenda has been =
necessary owing to the need for time for launch pad tours. See link above. =
- New: 25 Feb: Encapsulation was completed and the payload is on th=
e transporter for delivery to the launch vehicle.
- A set of p=
hotos have been posted of the MMS stack and shroud being prepped for en=
- 18 Feb: SWT Agenda has been corrected/updated with minor changes, inclu=
ding the abbreviated version above.
- 17 Feb: Final stacking of the spacecraft has been completed. Next: pyro mating, bagging, move to encapsulation. L=
V testing underway.
- 17 Feb: NASA Guest Operations is expected to mai=
l invitations to the launch by 17 Feb. Additional information will be provided with the invites.
- Scientist In The Loop=
added to this page at upper right. =
- Future Plans: The first post-launch MMS SWT meeting will be in Boulder =
at LASP on 18-21 May, during the "eclipse break" from commissioni=
ng of the spacecraft.
- MMS Book Chapters can be browsed with the following linked search: http://link.springer.com/search?que=
- Future Plans Made: The first post-launch MMS SWT meeting will be in Bou=
lder at LASP on
15-19 June 18-21 May, during the "eclipse break=
" from commissioning of the spacecraft.
- If for any reason the launch slips, it will do so one day at a time, an=
d it is expected that the launch will occur not later than 16 March.
- 12 Jan 2015: ULA reported to LSP and MMS that the qualification test of=
the new Booster Main Vehicle Battery (BMVB) was completed. Initial indicat=
ions are the battery passed the test with the expected post-test VOC and a =
successful functional test after vibration. The battery capacity test and a=
DPA of the cells will be completed this week. This further increases confi=
dence that the battery issue will be resolved in time to maintain the 3/12/=
2015 launch date.
- 11 Jan 2015: The orbital debris waiver for the Centaur upper stage has =
been approved by NASA HQ.
- Oct 2014: Magnetic explosion probes make it to the Cape
- 20-21 Oct 2014 GSFC SWT Meeting presentations are posted.
- MMS Spacecraft #1 and 2 shipped=
to KSC on 28 Oct. 2014 and arrived 29 Oct. 2013
- The MMS Pre-Ship Review was hel=
d 22-24 Oct. 2014.
- The MMS Media Day and Social wa=
s held 17 Oct. 2014.
- The MMS Launch Readiness Date has been confirmed at 12 March 2015.
- 25-27 Mar 2014 U-Iowa SWT Meeting presentations are posted. Photo of Kletzing add =
to photo gallery page.
- The MMS-THEMIS Coordination Workin=
g Group Page contains important information.
- MMS Book chapter manuscripts are now due to be submitted both here for =
internal review, and at the Space Science Reviews site, as explained here
or the latest on MMS, like us on Facebook
0 Nov 2013: A current list=
of MMS publications has been created.
6-28 June 2013 Mission Operations Review GSFC
0 June 2013: First CPT completed successfully! Congrats to I&T Team!&nb=
span style=3D"background-color: transparent;line-height: 1.4285715;"> on Pr=
esident's Budget and impacts on STEM Education and Outreach. =
7-30 Aug 2012: Mission SIR at GSFC
1 Jan 2012: IS SIR at SwRI and on WEBEX for instrument team leads. [Present=
ations are here.|http://tinyurl.com/773njst
0 June 2011: Commissioning discussion at GSFC
-9 June 2011: Ground System PDR at GSFC
-2 June 2011: SRB Update Briefing at GSFC Visitor Center
8 May 2011: "Interactive Tools for D=
ata Transformation and Visualization" by J. Heer @ GSFC IS&T Colloq=
-6 May 2011: SOC Technical Interchange Meeting at LASP
May 2011: Pre-PDR Peer Review of SOC at LASP
ew MMS Project Web Site is up. Check it out and comment here...