Attached below is my IDL saveset as of 2013-02-28. For every GOES event above M1 from 2010-04-30 (EVE day 1) to 2013-02-28, the saveset includes: GOES class, GOES flux, event start time, event start irradiance, event peak time, event peak irradiance, event minimum time, event minimum irradiance, event duration in seconds, and slope.
- Use rd_gev to obtain the GOES event list from EVE day 1 to present date and find events above a threshold (e.g. M1)
- Load the merged EVE data averaged to 1-minute
- Loop through each GOES event identified in 1.
- Bracket the EVE data in time: on the left by goesStartTime - Threshold1 and on the right by the earlier of the next GOES event start time or goesStartTime + Threshold2
- As of 2013-02-28, Threshold1 = 0, Threshold2 = 4 hours
- Find and store the maximum (peak) time and irradiance value in the EVE irradiance for each line
- Smooth EVE data using 5-minute running average, then find and store the minimum time and irradiance in each EVE line
- Compute and store the time between eventStartTime and the minimum time from 5. This is the duration of the event
- Compute and store the slope: (lineIrradianceAtPeak - lineIrradianceAtMinimum) / (eventStartTime - eventMinimumTime)
- End loop through each GOES event identified in 1.
Current comparison plots (e.g. dimming duration versus flare class) for all EVE wavelengths can be found in my Dropbox folder here.