LASP welcomes applications for our upcoming expenses-paid professional development workshop for bloggers, podcasters, and other science communicators. Attendees may or may not be formally trained in journalism or science. The workshop will be held July 20-22 on the CU-Boulder campus near the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and will feature a prestigious line-up of space exploration experts.
Sponsored by the LASP Colorado Center for Lunar Dust and Atmospheric Studies (CCLDAS), the two-day workshop will be a collaborative and educational opportunity for fifteen New Media practitioners to learn about the most up-to-date issues surrounding future exploration of the Moon and other small bodies in our Solar System.
What: 2012 New Media Practitioners Professional Development Workshop, “Future Exploration of the Moon and Small Bodies”
When: July 20-22, 2012
Where: LASP Space Science Building, 3665 Discovery Dr., Boulder, CO
- Dr. Daniel Britt: co-investigator for Mars Pathfinder and Deep Space 1; Department of Physics, University of Central Florida
- Dr. James Crocker: Vice President and General Manager, Sensing & Exploration Systems, Lockheed Martin
- Dr. Mihály Horányi: PI for CCLDAS; LASP scientist; Department of Physics, University of Colorado Boulder
- Dr. Dante Lauretta: PI for Osiris-REx; Lunar and Planetary Laboratory, University of Arizona
- Dr. Hal Levison: SWIFT co-author; Department of Space Studies, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI)
- Dr. Alan Stern: PI for New Horizons; former NASA executive; Department of Space Studies, SwRI
Compensation: We are pleased to offer a stipend to defray expenses for accepted attendees.
For more information on this year’s topics and speakers, please visit the workshop web page at https://lasp.colorado.edu/home/education/journalist-workshops/2012-mediajournalist-workshop.