The 22nd Cluster workshop was combined with the THEMIS mission for a third time, based on the highly successful previous meetings in New Hampshire in 2008 and Corfu, Greece in 2010. This year , the workshop incorporated presentations from the ARTEMIS mission. Science from other geospace and space plasma missions and ground-based and simulations studies were presented.
During the afternoon of Wednesday, October 3, 2012, the Cluster team held its Annual Science Working Team (SWT) meeting, during which time an update of instrument and spacecraft operations was presented. A similar session was held in parallel by the THEMIS/ARTEMIS team.
- Storms, substorms and magnetotail dynamics, including deep magnetotail and lunar interactions
- Solar wind, shocks and magnetosheath
- Aurora, MI-coupling and high latitude magnetosphere
- Magnetopause and boundary layers
- Inner magnetosphere dynamics
The workshop was held at the LASP Space Science Center (SPSC) at the University of Colorado Boulder in Boulder, Colorado. LASP is located in the CU-Boulder Research Park to the east of the main university campus:
3665 Discovery Dr.
Boulder, Colorado 80303
Front desk: 303-735-1025