Web Application Developer
Posted November 3, 2022
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) is a world-renowned space science research institute at the University of Colorado, Boulder.
We are a non-profit organization with over 400 professionals and over 150 students with broad technical capabilities who highly value our culture of excellence. LASP is the only research institute in the world that has sent an instrument to every planet in the solar system (including Pluto) and beyond (Voyager). We have over 100 instruments currently operating on numerous NASA satellites and are developing 14 new instruments for 11 missions funded by NASA, NOAA, and NSF. Of the $1.5B in space assets that the Mission Operations & Data Systems division currently operates, two of the missions were developed, built, and managed at LASP.
Undergraduate Positions – Web Applications Developers
The web applications development team at LASP is seeking undergraduate students to hire and work in the Mission Operations and Data Systems group to develop and test web-based software. Multiple positions are available.
Web Applications roles involve working alongside LASP professionals to create web-based data portals and applications, build and administer our infrastructure as code, and support the lab’s public website content.
Our web team is building on modern frameworks to create re-usable modules that solve problems for users both internal and external to LASP. Our team handles the full stack, from infrastructure as code and data access tools, content management systems like WordPress and Confluence, to dynamic single-page applications.
- Enrolled full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree from the University of Colorado
- Ability to work year-round during normal business hours. University maximum is 20 hours per week during the school year and 40 hours per week during the summer
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts to be provided at time of application)
- Ability to collaborate and contribute in a team environment, yet be self-motivated with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Experience with Linux and Docker containers
- Extensive experience with any of the programming languages listed above
- Experience building single-page apps using frameworks like Angular or React
- Understanding of / interest in functional programming
How to Apply:
LASP is a very good training site for future aerospace industry employment. Our students receive job offers from aerospace companies across the United States, many times receiving more than one employment opportunity in this field upon graduation.
Resumes for this position will be accepted until it is filled.
- Please submit resume via e-mail (preferred) to: email@example.com
- Include any coursework or experience you have that directly relates.
- Due to the requirement to access export-controlled data and information, only U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents (green cards), or other protected individuals (i.e., persons designated as an asylee, refugee, or a temporary resident under amnesty provisions) may apply.
- Please include your US citizenship status in your email.
- Provide unofficial academic transcripts.
To contact HR, please e-mail: HRADS@lasp.colorado.edu
All final applicants being considered for employment are subject to background investigations including a criminal history check and when appropriate a financial and/or motor vehicle history.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Colorado Boulder is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including veterans, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity or disability.
Hourly Range: $15.00-17.50 p/h