Human Resources Assistant
Posted February 8, 2024
Human Resources Undergraduate Assistant
The HR student assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Resources team on a regular basis. This includes assisting with various projects, onboarding, payroll processing, data entry and compensation related tasks. The position reports to the Senior Employee Relations Advisor and requires strong attention-to-detail and customer service skills. The ability to multi-task effectively, prioritize tasks, and communicate clearly are also needed. This is an entry-level role with opportunities for growth and development in the field of Human Resources.
- Assist with the student recruitment process, including posting job openings, corresponding with candidates, working with the hiring managers, and completing all onboarding tasks, including orientation with the new student hire.
- Collaborate with University Human Resources and Employee Services to process new employee paperwork and ensure all required documentation is complete and accurate.
- Accurately enter and update employee data in HCM and timekeeping systems, including creating new employee accounts, updating pay rates and appointment percentages, and processing supervisory changes and terminations.
- Collect and enter timekeeping records from employees and retirees from Kronos into HCM system for payroll processing.
- Collaborate with LASP Payroll Accountant to troubleshoot timesheet issues and identify and resolve any problems with the timekeeping system.
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide project support, such as coordinating meetings, collecting, and compiling data, and communicating with project stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records and personnel files.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements, including I-9 and E-Verify, and maintain documentation in accordance with university and legal guidelines.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned by the Senior Employee Relations Advisor.
- Previous work experience in an administrative or support role.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to review and input large amounts of data into systems, identify inaccuracies, and make changes as needed.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with a comfort level interacting with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to use discretion and identify issues that need to be escalated to the HR Manager or other LASP leadership.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think critically and provide creative solutions to HR-related issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with regards to all human resources matters, including employee personal and salary information.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal undergraduate candidate is a student who is at least 2 years away from graduation in a social or business discipline. The position pays hourly. The time commitment for an undergraduate is a maximum 20 hours per week during the school year and full-time over the summer. We are seeking applicants who have availability to work on multiple days weekly, between 15 to 20 hours a week, between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM and will be available during the summer.
How to Apply
Please visit http://lasp.colorado.edu to learn more about LASP.
Resumes for this position will be accepted until February 23, 2024
- Please submit resume via e-mail (preferred) to: LASPSTUDENTS@lasp.colorado.edu.
- Include any coursework or experience you have that directly relates to this position.
- Due to the requirement to access export-controlled data and information, only U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents (green cards), or other protected individuals (i.e., persons designated as an asylee, refugee, or a temporary resident under amnesty provisions) may apply.
- Please include your US citizenship status in your email.
- Provide unofficial academic transcripts.
- All final applicants being considered for employment are subject to background investigations including a criminal history check and when appropriate a financial and/or motor vehicle history.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Colorado Boulder is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including veterans, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, or disability.
$17.50 – $24.00