Production Cleaning Lab Technician
Posted April 17, 2023
LASP Undergrad Production Cleaning Lab Technician
(2 positions available)
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) is a world-renowned space science research institute at the University of Colorado, Boulder. In the Engineering division, professional engineers mentor students in designing and building space flight hardware and software.
We are looking for a full-time (40-hr a week during the summer, 20-hr a week during the school year) laboratory cleaner that can assist in the cleaning required at our world-renowned science research institute. Items that are sent into space must pass stringent cleanliness levels before being assembled and tested. The support equipment used with flight hardware must be cleaned to these same levels. This position would be responsible for working in a lab setting cleaning parts on a daily basis following approved cleaning procedures.
- Cleaning of mechanical parts for space flight
- Cleaning of electrical harnesses and assemblies for space flight
- Following detailed instructions for cleaning processes
- Organization and reordering of supplies
- Help manage workflow in lab
- Responsible for daily room cleaning and monthly full room scrubs on clean room areas.
- Job may also include helping in other production areas specified by the production manager
- Undergraduate student in Science/Engineering field
- Lab experience using solvents
The ideal candidate for this position is someone that can work independently on similar repetitive tasks. Ideally this candidate is someone that appreciates items being very clean and organized around them. This candidate would be working with several college students that already currently work part-time in this lab. This candidate will be required to lift parts weighing up to 50 lbs. This candidate must be comfortable wearing a cleaning lab smock, hair bouffant, face mask, gloves, and booties while at work.
How to Apply:
LASP is a very good training site for future aerospace industry employment. Our students receive job offers from aerospace companies across the United States, many times receiving more than one employment opportunity in this field upon graduation.
Resumes for this position will be accepted until it is filled.
- Please submit resume via e-mail (preferred) to: HRADS@lasp.colorado.edu.
- Include any coursework or experience you have that directly relates.
- Due to the requirement to access export-controlled data and information, only U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents (green cards), or other protected individuals (i.e., persons designated as an asylee, refugee, or a temporary resident under amnesty provisions) may apply.
- Please include your US citizenship status in your email.
- Provide unofficial academic transcripts.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Colorado Boulder is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including veterans, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity or disability.
For questions about LASP employment ads, please contact LASP Human Resources at email@example.com.
For more information about CU total compensation and benefits, see https://colorado.edu/jobs/benefits.