EVE Science Data Access – Routine Data Products
The Version 3 definitive products are now available effective March 6, 2013. Additional files are added daily. New products include level 3 daily average files and mission merged files. EVE has been making solar measurements since March 26, 2010. Normal operations began on May 1, 2010.
Science Data Access and Tools
- Search for EVE data products – download a merged zip file from search results multiple files (up to 100 per request)
- Interactive plotting and data download – works with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome – allows browsing long time series for the lines/bands averaged down to 1-minute
- Directory access to Level 2 data files (FITS), Level 1 ESP data files, Level 3 data files (FITS) – these allow you to download one file at a time (right-click)
- Mission-merged daily average files – Level 3 merged (FITS & IDL sav files) at 0.02 nm, 0.1 nm, and 1.0 nm
- Level 2 readme (PDF) – describes the version 3 level 2 products (spectra and lines).
- ESP Level 1 readme (PDF) – describes the data in the version 2 ESP level 1 products.
- Level 3 readme (PDF) – describes the version 2 level 3 products (daily averages).
- EVE Science Operations Mission Log – high-level overview of operations that affect EVE data
- EVE MEGS-B Science Exposure Hours – a sortable/searchable listing by date of the hours when MEGS-B (and MEGS-P) were exposed to the sun performing science measurements
- EVE Science Data Level definitions – high-level overview of the EVE data products
- Read EVE FITS data files in IDL with eve_read_whole_fits.pro (replaces read_generic_fits.pro) or other languages or just browse with fv
- First-light press conference materials
- Three steps (pdf) for getting and plotting EVE data (2 March 2013)
- Daily Plots – multi-page PDFs, selected quicklook plots as PNGs (EVEdaily_yyyydoy_mm_dd…)
- Installation form for SolarSoft – includes new installations and upgrades to existing installations
- The EVE SolarSoft package (alternate link) is standalone, and contains several useful functions for downloading/plotting/analyzing EVE data. Download this if you do not want the rest of solarsoft. If you already have EVE installed locally on SolarSoft, you do not need this.
- EVE software detailed documentation at LMSAL