EVE Science Data Access – Routine Data Products
The Version 4 definitive products are now available effective December 20, 2013. Version 4 replaces version 3 and we encourage all users to switch to version 4 for their analyses. We have compiled a list of detailed version comparisons and validation. Additional files are added daily. EVE has been making solar measurements since March 26, 2010. Normal operations began on May 1, 2010.
Science Data Access and Tools
- Search for EVE data products – download a merged zip file from search results multiple files (up to 100 per request)
- Interactive plotting and data download – works with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome – allows browsing long time series for the lines/bands averaged down to 1-minute
- Directory access to Level 2 data files (FITS), Level 1 ESP data files, Level 3 data files (FITS) – these allow you to download one file at a time (right-click)
- Mission-merged daily average files – Level 3 merged (FITS & IDL sav files) at 0.02 nm, 0.1 nm, and 1.0 nm
- Level 2 readme (PDF) – describes the version 4 level 2 products (spectra and lines).
- Level 0C readme (PDF) – describes the version 3 level 0C products
- ESP Level 1 readme (PDF) – describes the data in the version 4 ESP level 1 products.
- Level 3 readme (PDF) – describes the version 4 level 3 products (daily averages).
- EVE Science Operations Mission Log – high-level overview of operations that affect EVE data
- EVE MEGS-B Science Exposure Hours – a sortable/searchable listing by date of the hours when MEGS-B (and MEGS-P) were exposed to the sun performing science measurements
- EVE Science Data Level definitions – high-level overview of the EVE data products
- Read EVE FITS data files in IDL with eve_read_whole_fits.pro (replaces read_generic_fits.pro) or other languages or just browse with fv
- First-light press conference materials
- Three steps (pdf) for getting and plotting EVE data (2 March 2013)
- Daily Plots – multi-page PDFs, selected quicklook plots as PNGs (EVEdaily_yyyydoy_mm_dd…)
- Installation form for SolarSoft – includes new installations and upgrades to existing installations
- The EVE SolarSoft package is standalone, and contains several useful functions for downloading/plotting/analyzing EVE data. Download this if you do not want the rest of solarsoft. If you already have EVE installed locally on SolarSoft, you do not need this.
- EVE software detailed documentation at LMSAL