Student Opportunities Available in Space Science Technology
Description of Positions:
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics at the University of Colorado is seeking undergraduate and graduate students to participate in the development of mission operations, data processing, and data analysis and visualization systems for present and future NASA space missions. Students will work closely with scientists and other professionals to support related space sciences research, and will use cutting-edge computer hardware and software tools.
Multiple positions are available, and responsibilities will include participation in one or more of the following:
- Design and development of software systems for data processing, management, analysis, and visualization
- Design and development of user interfaces using Java and/or HTML
- Database design and programming for a large scientific project database
- Use and maintenance of existing software for data processing and analysis
- Support the analysis of engineering and/or scientific data by generating plots and applying other analysis techniques.
- Full-time student in good academic standing with at least 2 semesters remaining.
- Interest in computer sciences, numerical analysis, database programming, scientific analysis, data processing, or data visualization. An interest in space or atmospheric sciences is also a plus.
- Computer experience, particularly with the Unix operating system, including C, C++, Java, IDL, or FORTRAN programming is desirable, but not required.
These are paid positions with competitive pay scales. Applicants should be able to work at least 30-40 hours per week during the summer and 15-20 hours per week during the Fall and Spring semesters. Work hours are flexible and academic credit may be available.
How to Apply:
If interested, please mail, fax, or email a letter of interest, a resume, and a copy of your academic record to:
SORCE Student Employment
c/o Lon Riesberg
Campus Box 590
Phone: (303) 492-9388
Interviews will begin immediately and will continue until all positions are filled.