Please do NOT post ITAR-restricted content on this site.
Finalize Meeting Description/Scope/Program Committee: Friday, December 3
Notice to SPA/Solar/GEM News and MMS email list: Monday, December 6
Finalize Hotel blocks and banquet: by end of December? Hilton Garden Inn ... and the new Hard Rock Hotel, which may be nice for familiar
Early Bird Registration ($320): March 12
Late Registration ($370): April 12
|SWG and IFT Splinters|
MMS Data Tutorials
|Monday, May 9|
|Community Workshop||Tuesday-Friday, May 10-13|
|Poster Session & Reception||Tuesday, May 10|
|Conference Dinner||Thursday, May 12|
Activities around this time:
March 21-25 2022 - ML in Heliophysics
April 3-8 2022 EGU
April 11-14 2022 - IOP 48th Plasma Physics Conference
April 25-29 2022 - Space Weather Workshop 2022
May 10-13 2022 - MMS 2022 Community Workshop
May 16-22 2022 - 2022 Sun-Climate Symposium
May 16-20 2022 - MR2022
May 22-26 2022 - IEEE ICOPS 2022
May 30 2022 – Memorial Day
June 5-10 2022 - AOGS2022
June 21-24 2022 - Solar Probe Workshop
June 19-24 2022 - GEM
June 20-23 2022 - SSPT
June 25 - Joint GEM - SHINE
June 26 - July 1 2022 - SHINE
June 27 - July 1 2022 - European Conference on Plasma Physics
July 16-27 2022 - COSPAR
Notes on organization/scope:
Consider broader aspects of what is proposed in the Senior Review to draw better distinctions between this meeting and MR2022: MMS_SeniorReview2020_Proposal_Submitted_nobudget.pdf
Draw material from Section 5.3 - Coordination with other missions in the HSO
- Solicit papers that use or anticipate conjunctions
- Send invites to folks that don't usually attend our meetings but that have published on MMS
- Don't neglect our MR SR goals
- Program committee to broaden scope to include folks that have using MMS within global modeling studies, data comparisons, cross-scale
Consider having option on website for folks to indicate they MAY attend the meeting and want to receive email updates? This will give an early indication of interest for planning purposes.
Have data and software tutorials on the 9th?
Publish lists of HSO conjunctions on the website?
Vaccination required? Yes
Hybrid attendance? Advertise as in-person with the potential for virtual attendance as may be required.
How many in-person attendees should we plan for? Plan for ~80 in person
During the second extended mission MMS has three Science Goals:
• Understand how reconnection works in all boundary regions in Geospace.
• Understand particle acceleration processes in the outer magnetosphere and bow shock and their possible relationship to magnetic reconnection.
• Determine the nature of kinetic-scale turbulence and its role in reconnection and particle acceleration.