Next Science Working Team / Group Meeting
19-21 May 2015, LASP, CU Boulder: Logistics, Agenda (TBS), Registration; Updates; Hotels
The "Eclipse" SWT meeting will convene on Tuesday, May 19 at 8:30 am and adjourn
on Thursday, May 21 at 5:00 pm.
First MMS Data Flow Captures a Substorm
MMS Commissioning Plan
MMS News (For the latest on MMS, like us on Facebook and get the news in your feed!)
- New: The Fall 2015 MMS SWT Meeting has been set for 2-6 November at SwRI in San Antonio, TX.
- New: 23 Mar: LV activations underway on all four s/c.
- 17 Mar: Probe receivers, MAG booms deployed, MMS captures first data including a substorm.
- 13 Mar: SWT presentations have been posted under "Discussions" on the navigation column to the left.
- 13 Mar: MMS had a picture perfect launch, injection, and separation of the four spacecraft! GO MMS!
- 7 Mar: A further revision of the SWT meeting agenda was posted. Changes are mainly on Wednesday, 11 Mar.
- 27 Feb: A major revision of the SWT meeting agenda has been necessary owing to the need for time for launch pad tours. See link above.
- 25 Feb: Encapsulation was completed and the payload is on the transporter for delivery to the launch vehicle.
- A set of photos have been posted of the MMS stack and shroud being prepped for encapsulation.
- 18 Feb: SWT Agenda has been corrected/updated with minor changes, including the abbreviated version above.
- 17 Feb: Final stacking of the spacecraft has been completed. Next: pyro mating, bagging, move to encapsulation. LV testing underway.
- 17 Feb: NASA Guest Operations is expected to mail invitations to the launch by 17 Feb. Additional information will be provided with the invites.
- Scientist In The Loop added to this page at upper right.
- 20 Jan 2015: Future Plans: The first post-launch MMS SWT meeting will be in Boulder at LASP on 18-21 May, during the "eclipse break" from commissioning of the spacecraft.
- MMS Book Chapters can be browsed with the following linked search: http://link.springer.com/search?query=Magnetospheric+Multiscale
- 15 Jan 2015: Future Plans Made: The first post-launch MMS SWT meeting will be in Boulder at LASP on
15-19 June18-21 May, during the "eclipse break" from commissioning of the spacecraft.
- If for any reason the launch slips, it will do so one day at a time, and it is expected that the launch will occur not later than 16 March.
- 12 Jan 2015: ULA reported to LSP and MMS that the qualification test of the new Booster Main Vehicle Battery (BMVB) was completed. Initial indications are the battery passed the test with the expected post-test VOC and a successful functional test after vibration. The battery capacity test and a DPA of the cells will be completed this week. This further increases confidence that the battery issue will be resolved in time to maintain the 3/12/2015 launch date.
- 11 Jan 2015: The orbital debris waiver for the Centaur upper stage has been approved by NASA HQ.
- Oct 2014: Magnetic explosion probes make it to the Cape
- 20-21 Oct 2014 GSFC SWT Meeting presentations are posted.
- 29 Oct 2014: MMS Spacecraft #1 and 2 shipped to KSC on 28 Oct. 2014 and have now arrived.
- 22-24 Oct 2014: The MMS Pre-Ship Review was held.
- 17 Oct 2014: The MMS Media Day and Social was held.
- The MMS Launch Readiness Date has been confirmed at 12 March 2015.
- 25-27 Mar 2014 U-Iowa SWT Meeting presentations are posted. Photo of Kletzing add to photo gallery page.
- The MMS-THEMIS Coordination Working Group Page contains important information.
- MMS Book chapter manuscripts are now due to be submitted both here for internal review, and at the Space Science Reviews site, as explained here
- For the latest on MMS, like us on Facebook
- 20 Nov 2013: A current list of MMS publications has been created.
- 26-28 June 2013 Mission Operations Review GSFC
- 10 June 2013: First CPT completed successfully! Congrats to I&T Team!
- Science article on President's Budget and impacts on STEM Education and Outreach.
- 27-30 Aug 2012: Mission SIR at GSFC
- 11 Jan 2012: IS SIR at SwRI and on WEBEX for instrument team leads. [Presentations are here.|http://tinyurl.com/773njst
- 10 June 2011: Commissioning discussion at GSFC
- 7-9 June 2011: Ground System PDR at GSFC
- 1-2 June 2011: SRB Update Briefing at GSFC Visitor Center
- 18 May 2011: "Interactive Tools for Data Transformation and Visualization" by J. Heer @ GSFC IS&T Colloquium
- 5-6 May 2011: SOC Technical Interchange Meeting at LASP
- 4 May 2011: Pre-PDR Peer Review of SOC at LASP
- New MMS Project Web Site is up. Check it out and comment here...