The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of Colorado Boulder invites applications for the position of Laboratory Administrative Manager. LASP is a full-cycle, space institute, combining all aspects of space exploration through our expertise in science, engineering, mission operations, and scientific data analysis. The position furthers the LASP science mission by supporting laboratory scientists, researchers, engineers, and other personnel in maintaining office/business systems and supervising staff. LASP is a large, multidisciplinary research institute located in the rapidly developing CU-Boulder East Campus.
The Laboratory Administrative Manager will report to the Manager of Business Operations. In this position, the Admin Manager will manage the activities in the LASP Travel Office, which serves primarily research personnel, and supervise travel staff; manage the reception/hospitality activities for two research buildings and supervise reception staff; coordinate events, meetings, and visitor functions ensuring cross-functional staff are informed, engaged, and supported as necessary. This position also works closely with Facilities management to make certain parking, building, and grounds issues are addressed quickly and professionally.
- Organizes Travel, Reception and Event operations and activities to provide excellent customer service to LASP scientists, researchers, engineers, other laboratory personnel and non-laboratory constituents while maintaining an environment of mutual respect and collegiality.
- Coordinates meeting/conference/event activities at LASP to support sponsored project and other research activities. Will work closely with other staff in either a primary or secondary role dependent upon event parameters. Brings in other campus units as necessary and takes the lead in identifying roles and responsibilities.
- Manages Travel Office and Reception staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and providing guidance and assistance as required. This includes FTEs as well as student workers.
- Supports satisfactory staff performance by coaching, counseling, evaluating, and disciplining employees. Ensures staff is well trained and clearly understands expectations.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up with staff on results to ensure appropriate coverage in all areas of responsibility.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policy in areas of responsibility by establishing procedures and measures results against standards, making adjustments as necessary. Ensures changes to process are communicated throughout the lab via a variety of media. Aids in policy interpretation as necessary.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling and tracking expenditures; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports, summarizing information, and identifying trends that could result in a change of process or organization.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and campus conferences and meetings and establishing personal networks.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in office management or similar position. Experience in and ability to:
- handle complex, multiple and concurrent tasks
- anticipate, research, and solve problems in an independent work environment
- communicate well in interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written environments
- manage, supervise, motivate staff and delegate appropriately
- develop processes and standards, and promote process improvement
- prepare budgets and track expenses
- communicate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
The job posting is # RF01089. Only applications submitted through the Jobs at CU website will be considered: http://www.jobsatcu.com/postings/77594
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at email@example.com.
The University of Colorado Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment.