The Proposal Support Engineer will coordinate and support proposal development efforts at the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics. This role will work closely with the Proposal Manager and the Proposal Capture Leads, Principal Investigators and Technical Teams to advance mission and instrument concepts for assessment by LASP leadership and submission in response to opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and support technical proposal development efforts
- Work closely with Proposal Capture Leads, Principal Investigators, and Technical Teams in support of proposal development efforts
- Participate in the advancement of early proposal concepts to be assessed by lab leadership
- Track and report on progress of LASP proposal concept developments
- Guide concepts through the proposal lifecycle.
- Coordinate and lead routine meetings to status and advance concepts through the initial LASP proposal development cycle
- Develop template of common proposal technical sections
- Track and coordinate NDAs, TAs, Consulting Agreements, and other contract/subcontract commitments associated with proposal development
- Evaluate internally and externally proposal compliance requirements to ensure proposal completeness
- Applicant must have strong team leadership skills, the ability to work independently, and good organization and project management skills.
Education and Years of Experience:
- A./B.S. Degree in engineering or applied sciences (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum 1 year experience in aerospace industry
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal with stress on articulating and writing effectively
- Ability to work across functional and other organizational boundaries
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working in Aerospace environments (Class 8 (level 10,000) cleanroom environment with ESD sensitive hardware…)
- Experience with configuration management
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to immediately work well with any team
- Capture and/or proposal experience developing detailed technical proposals
- Federal contracting acquisition and proposal processes knowledge
- Experience in project management and systems engineering
- Experience with mission, spacecraft, and/or instrument development
- Experience with environmental testing
- Experience providing cost and schedule inputs
- Experience on NASA programs
- Experience with large proposal efforts for government
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 – Curriculum Vitae or Resume 2 – Cover Letter.
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Colorado at Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment.
To apply, please click here: https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=13495