The web team at LASP is looking for a Systems Administrator comfortable working on infrastructure supporting web applications for space scientists, mission operators, and engineers. The successful applicant will provide operational support for our web servers and other system infrastructure as well as for end users. Work will include performing a variety of tasks requiring excellent technical / problem solving skills and maintaining solid understanding of modern web ecosystems and software operations. There is also occasional off hours work.
- Help develop and modernize our existing infrastructure
- Aid in the transition towards containerization and infrastructure as code
- Implement Ansible roles and scripts related to deployment of our web infrastructure
- Implement and manage CI / CD jobs and tools using Jenkins and JJB
- Aid in transition to highly available, redundant architecture
- Support deployment, provisioning, and patch management for servers in production and development environments
- Deploy, configure, and support Unix based software packages and operating systems
- Manage / support certain web based productivity tools
- Review and solve issues involving system performance, configuration, restoration, applications, and software tools.
- Support developers in infrastructure buildout.
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
Professional experience in at least some of the following:
- Web servers / Proxy servers: Apache, Nginx, Traefik, node.js
- Containerization technologies: Docker
- CI / CD: Jenkins, JJB
- Linux system administration: RedHat, Ubuntu
- Familiarity with command line interfaces: e.g., bash, zsh
- Managing software artifacts: Artifactory, Docker registry, Maven, Ivy
- Configuration management: Ansible or similar
- Log management using Splunk
- Experience administering web based tools such as Splunk, Atlassian Stack ﴾JIRA, BitBucket, etc.﴿
What We Would Like You to Have
- Experience with scripting, e.g., shell scripting and Python and other dynamic scripting languages.
- Experience in software engineering, network engineering, or database implementation a plus.
- Experience with Identity and Access Management tools ﴾e.g., Keycloak﴿.
- Experience with container management tools such as Kubernetes.
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS.
- Education in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or Networking a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new tasks.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Resourcefulness to multi‐task current projects and flexibility in assignments.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and team skills.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Colorado Boulder is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including veterans, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity or disability.