The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) is a world-renowned space science research institute at the University of Colorado, Boulder. In the Administration division, finance and accounting professionals mentor students in a research business environment.
LASP leads with a science driven approach, and is the only research institute in the world that has sent an instrument to every planet in the solar system, Pluto, and beyond (Voyager). We have 23 instruments currently operating on 14 NASA satellites and are developing 14 new instruments for 11 missions funded by NASA, NOAA, and NSF. Of the $1B in space assets that the Mission Operations & Data Systems division currently operates, two of the missions were developed, built, and managed from LASP. We are a non-profit organization with over 450 professionals, and over 130 students with broad technical capabilities who highly value our culture of excellence.
Hourly Position Open Immediately – 2 Travel Specialist Student Assistants
LASP is preparing to interview undergraduate students to hire for assisting with travel reimbursement processing and expense reports under the supervision of the Travel Supervisor. Students will be responsible for supporting LASP Administration and other staff across the Lab in the following activities:
- Work with travelers to complete domestic and international travel reimbursement expense reports
- Provide superior customer service to travelers in resolving various issues related to travel arrangements, system, and expense reporting issues
- Manage weekly status of the expense report queue
- Job may also include assisting with other reimbursement and accounting tasks as assigned by the Travel Supervisor.
- Basic accounting experience and understanding of concepts
- Experience in Outlook, Excel and Word
- Familiarity of A/P systems and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with internal and external constituents
- Ability to establish priorities in a fast pace and dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to deal effectively with employees throughout LASP and the University
- Experience with travel reimbursements or similar processing of payables
- Experience with CU Systems
- Availability to work 15-20 hours per week
How to Apply:
The ideal undergraduate candidate is a student who is at least 2 years away from graduation in an accounting, finance, or business discipline. The position pays hourly. The time commitment for an undergraduate is a maximum 20 hours per week during the school year and full-time over the summer. We are seeking applicants who have availability to work on multiple days weekly, between 15 to 20 hours a week.
- Please visit http://lasp.colorado.edu to learn more about LASP. LASP is a very good training site for future aerospace industry employment.
- Resumes for this position will be accepted until it is filled. Please submit resume via e-mail (preferred) to: HRADS@lasp.colorado.edu. Include any coursework or experience you have that directly relates. Due to Export Control requirements on NASA programs, only US Citizens and Permanent Residents need apply. Please include your US citizenship status in your email.
- All final applicants being considered for employment are subject to background investigations including a criminal history check and when appropriate a financial and/or motor vehicle history.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Colorado Boulder is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including veterans, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity or disability.