The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) is seeking a Systems Engineer to support the development of space flight hardware as a valued member of the Flight Systems Group within Systems Engineering Department. As a matrixed organization, this role works for the Lead SE programmatically, and collaborates with the group supervisor organizationally. You will participate in the development of the CLARREO Pathfinder Reflected Solar (CPRS) instrument, an Earth observing hyperspectral imager, co-developed with a pointing platform, that will be mounted to the International Space Station. It will demonstrate new capabilities that when applied on future missions, can reduce the time needed to detect climate change trends using reflected solar earth remote sensing observations. It also serves to reduce the uncertainty in societally critical research areas such as climate sensitivity and cloud feedback. CPRS is being designed, manufactured, and tested at LASP. Launch is planned in late 2022.
Who We Are
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of Colorado Boulder (CU) began in 1948, a decade before NASA. We are the world’s only research institute to have sent instruments to all eight planets and Pluto.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
1. Lead requirements management and verification tracking within the requirement’s database (in DOORS): developing the necessary requirements to meet project needs, working with cognizant engineers (CogE) to capture appropriate verification plans, coordinating verification activities with Lead SE and CogE, and tracking and reporting requirements development and verification status.
2. Internally coordinate compliance with and externally collaborate with ISS safety.
3. Coordinate the development and delivery of select Systems Engineering contractual data deliverables.
4. Generate applicable material for milestone reviews and associated peer reviews
5. Comply with and coordinate maintenance of necessary processes (configuration control, anomaly management, system safety, systems engineering management, risk management, etc.)
6. Participate in systems engineering team efforts as requested.
What You Should Know
Ability to travel domestically (possibly 0-4 trips per year with additional travel required to support).
Due to US Export Control restrictions, only US Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
What We Can Offer
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment.
Be Brilliant. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
-BS/BA or higher-level degree in engineering or applied sciences (or equivalent experience).
-Experience with requirements management, interface control, or verification & validation (V&V).
-Systems Engineering experience relevant to NASA science missions (other relevant technical experience on NASA missions may be considered).
What You Will Need
-Strong written and verbal communication.
-Great teammate, willing to contribute where needed to get the job done.
What We Would Like You to Have
-Familiarity with space system integration and test, including environmental testing.
-Familiarity with configuration management, anomaly management, risk management, and system safety.
-Understanding of the measurement principles of space-based remote sensing instruments or attitude/pointing control.
Special Application Instructions
To apply, please submit the following materials:
2. Cover Letter
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration,
applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Please apply at: https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/?jobId=22260
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer