Hourly Position Open Immediately – 1 Engineering QA Student Assistant
LASP is preparing to interview undergraduate students to hire for maintaining lab work areas and equipment under the Quality Assurance (QA) team’s supervision. Student will be responsible for supporting LASP QA and other Engineering Staff in the following activities:
- Maintain Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Controlled Work Areas
- Perform routine checks of workstations and equipment to verify proper functionality and prevent damage to flight hardware from ESD.
- Set up and repair workstations as necessary.
- Maintain and refurbish ESD-control equipment.
- Monitor expiration schedule for workstation and equipment certifications.
- Track and assess calibrated equipment found to be out of tolerance.
- Job may also include assisting with other QA tasks as assigned by the Flight Assurance Manager.
- Ability to work responsibly and reliably with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maneuver about beneath workstation tables when necessary to install or maintain equipment.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Moderate computer skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of basic electrical theory
- Availability to work 15-20 hours per week
Hourly Pay Range:
- $14.20 – $17.20 /hr
How to Apply:
The ideal undergraduate candidate is a student who is at least 2 years away from graduation in an engineering or science discipline. The position pays hourly. The time commitment for an undergraduate is a maximum 20 hours per week during the school year and full-time over the summer. We are seeking applicants who have availability to work on multiple days weekly, between 15 to 20 hours a week.
Please visit http://lasp.colorado.edu to learn more about LASP. LASP is a very good training site for future aerospace industry employment.
Resumes for this position will be accepted until it is filled. Please submit resume via e-mail (preferred) to: HRADS@lasp.colorado.edu. Include any coursework or experience you have that directly relates. Due to Export Control requirements on NASA programs, only US Citizens and Permanent Residents need apply. Please include your US citizenship status in your email.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The University of Colorado Boulder is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including veterans, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity or disability.